To the Tenants of STPCV from Gerald Guterman
I have been reading the Stuyvesant Town Report for a few weeks now, without making a single comment about any subject or concern of the residents.
I am sick to my stomach and completely disgusted, by the mis-information "floating" around the community and the latest round of actions taken by CW and Compass Rock.
There appears to be a deliberate attempt by the No Knowledge or Experience Tenants Association ("NKETA"), to create the false impression that they, the NKETA, have any power or authority, to agree with, make deals with, or represent directly or indirectly, the interests of any tenant of STPCV, except those very few tenants who have joined the NKETA and signed a specific representation agreement. NO POWER, NO AUTHORITY, NO EXCEPTIONS, Period!!
Unless you actually agreed in writing to be represented by the NKETA, you are NOT represented by the NKETA. No agreement between the NKETA and CW, or Compass Rock, Fortress, Moellis & Company or Paul Weiss, et al, has any force or effect on you as an individual tenant, if you did not sign an agreement with the NKETA to represent you, or you did not specifically agree (in writing) with CW or their "gang," to a specific matter. NO POWER, NO AUTHORITY, NO EXCEPTIONS, Period!!
I have now explained the power of the NKETA twice in the last two paragraphs and several other times, in several previous statements made on this Blog.
I am not an attorney and I do not practice law.
I am one of the most experienced New York City Landlords in the history of New York City rent regulated housing, as well as probably the single most experienced condominium and cooperative converter of rent regulated housing in New York City's history.
That's it. That's what I bring to the table. Just knowledge and forty-four years of pragmatic experience in the Trenches...
When I speak or write, my message is coming from my experience. after I have given thought and consideration to the subject at hand. Usually, I will have had discussions with my partners and in some cases, my attorney and legal partner, who himself has about forty years of experience in New York City rent regulation law.
I don't believe that speech or worse, actions, taken without full, experienced consideration of the possible and (in the hands of professionals) very probable results, has any merit.
The speech and actions of the Tenants Association and the continuing actions of CW or their management subsidiary Compass Rock, are not based on long term, practical, "on the ground" experience, with New York City's Rent Regulated Housing.
CW and its property management subsidiary are "green" service organizations without the New York City Rent Regulation experience "under fire", that would normally govern their actions.
I believe that the significant portion of the rent and management decisions taken by CW and their subsidiary, Compass Rock, will ultimately fail and be reversed, when properly tested through the New York State legal system.
· I have previously explained to you, that expecting any positive, meaningful results from the Department of Buildings or any political representative, is simply a waste of good ink and paper.
· I have previously explained to you, that we believe the significant portion of the MCI charges can be successfully challenged and reversed.
· I have previously explained to you, that we believe the use of STPCV for dormitory housing can be successfully challenged and reversed.
· I have previously explained to you, that it will take a sophisticated and extensive legal challenge (as I specifically explained in a previous letter), to obtain the desired results.
· I have previously explained to you, that while this challenge is going forward in the legal system, there are additional actions that may be taken to protect the Tenants, during this period of stress.
· I have previously offered to advise you, as Tenants of STPCV.
· My Offer stated that you may cancel our consulting agreement at any time and for any reason or no reason.
· My Offer included a charge of $10.00 per quarter and stated that you would be billed separately and later.
· I have explained to you in a previous letter, that the substantial portion of the funds ($10.00 per quarter) would be used to pay initial retainer fees for the legal and engineering professionals required to successfully litigate the Tenant positions.
· I have previously indicated to you, that I would meet with Tenants in New York, to introduce myself and answer questions about where you stand as Tenants of STPCV.
· I have previously explained to you, that I expected at least a few hundred Tenants (who read Stuyvesant Town Report) to read, sign and return the Consulting Agreement.
· I have not made any arrangements for a meeting in New York, because as I previously told you, only one Tenant returned a signed Agreement.
As it currently stands, Guterman Partners, LLC, withdraws from our offer to provide Rent Regulated Housing advice and consultation.
Thank you for your consideration,