The Recreation Supervisor contributes to the success of all PCV/ST outdoor programs by coordinating the Recreation Assistants in the daily operations and delivery of activities and special events.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Recruit, hire and train the Recreation Assistants in the delivery of "five Star Service."
• Execute all daily activities and events related to outdoor programming and special events.
• Assist in the setup and breakdown of activities and events occurring in the amenities spaces
• Provide support to activities and events, which may extend past normal operating hours.
• Schedule Recreation Assistants in adherence of monthly budgets.
• Monitor End of Day Reports and Equipment Inspection Reports for operating issues and potential improvement points with efficient and effective follow up to it.
• Communicates member and resident feedback to Management Team in an effort to consistently improve the member experience.
• Role models all operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security to ensure safety for all employees and members.
Radu was very hands-on in the Recreation Department and always looking for ways in which to artfully save money while acquiring needed equipment for his department. This was the cause of some embarrassment in the mini-scandal of ZogSports, but the PCVST-ZogSports connection appears to have existed before Radu came on the scene.
Radu seemed the perfect employee, but word is that he was seeing the writing on the wall and aware of attempts by the Powers-That-Be to penny-pinch the Recreation Department, including salaries.
Radu even participated in Stuy Town advertising for Oval Study (see below). Wonder if he got compensated for this?
* * *
Oh, what a gift Cafe Kubrick is turning out to be!
Those arugula plants (or whatever the hell they were) have been munched on so much by either squirrels or rats that it surely is about time for management to replace them, perhaps with cabbages.
Meanwhile, someone must have been incensed that Cafe Kubrick was not serving Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches, so they took it out on the Oval Cafe sign or else a speeding bicycle rammed into it:
Considering the shape of this sign, the half-devoured patio plants, the dog urine stains along the outer patio wall, and the worn-out and chipped tables outside, Cafe Kubrick is making a really classy impression these days.
* * *
It seems as if our reportage (with photos) on the filthy shape of the Oval walkway had an effect, so that now Stuy Town's street-cleaning zamboni is being used regularly to erase, as best it can, the dog urine and turd stains that appear regularly in a walk around the Oval.... And progress is being made in cleaning out the recycling areas, with a night crew at work.